Mura CMS plugins are distributed as "
.zip" files. Plugins are managed in the back-end administrator area of Mura. Administrators may install plugins via the back-end user interface (UI). There are a few different methods for installing/deploying plugins. The method you select will often depend on whether you are a developer or not.
That said, here's some important tips before you install any plugins:
- Never install a plugin in a production environment without testing it elsewhere first.
- Plugins have access to all areas of Mura, and as such, be wary of plugins from sources you are unfamiliar with.
- Review the code of any plugin you intend to install first, if you are not the author of it.
- You may want to make a backup of your filesystem and database before deploying a plugin, in case something goes wrong during the deployment process.
- Finally, be sure the plugin you are deploying is compatible with your version of Mura CMS.