Adding Other Content Types to a Calendar
You can add nearly any kind of content to a calendar too. Follow the steps below to add Link and File content types to a calendar.
- Add a Link content type to the calendar and enter a Title such as "Badgers v. Nebraska."
- Enter the URL you would like users to be directed to when clicking the event on the calendar, and enter your desired Start Date / Time and Stop Date / Time, along with your desired Display Interval. Then, Publish your event.
- You can also add a file as an even to your calendar. For example, maybe you have a .PDF file that contains all of the event information for your users. Simply Add Content, and select File from the Select Content Type dialog window.
- Then, enter a Title, and select your desired file to upload, along with the Start Date / Time and Stop Date / Time, and desired Display Interval.
- Publish, then preview your calendar.
- Click the event on the calendar, and the .PDF will download or appear in the browser.
- Or, if your instance of Mura is set up to display the Summary page when presenting File content types, end users should see the Summary and a link to download the file.